You can adapt this website to meet your needs. The settings you create on this page will be saved for future visits. If you wish to return to the standard settings, click the "Reset settings" button.
Accessibility statement for Coventry Information Directory website https://cid.coventry.gov.uk/
This accessibility statement applies to the Coventry Information Directory – the Family Information Directory and the Adult Social Care and Communities Directory.
This website is run by Coventry City Council teams. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, which means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We also have the ReachDeck supportive toolbar enabled. The toolbar provides speech, reading, and translation support tools and makes online content more accessible for people with Dyslexia, Low Literacy, English as a Second Language, and those with mild visual impairments.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- 024 7697 5451
We will consider your request and get back to you in 15 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: Coventry Early Years team email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Coventry City Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- The content that we know to be non-accessible is the WYSIWYG editor boxes in the provider updates form. A user relying on keyboard navigation would not be able to use all the rich text features. This is not something we are able to resolve at this time.
- Some of our historic PDFs and Word documents. By December 2023, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- · PDFs and other documents
- The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
- Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
- We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
We are doing a number of things to improve our website accessibility:
- training for staff on how to create accessible pages and documents
- ongoing monitoring of accessibility issues using automated testing via SiteImprove
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 6th March 2023 on the date the website launched and will be reviewed in March 2024
This website was last tested on 15th May 2023. The test was carried out by SiteImprove which tested all pages within https://cid.coventry.gov.uk/
Our current score is 91.8%. The current industry benchmark for Government sites is 87.2%.