Keeping yourself, or someone you are caring for, clean is essential for good health. Poor hygiene can cause skin complaints and infections, and be a source of discomfort and low self-esteem.
How to maintain daily hygiene
To maintain daily personal hygiene, you should make sure:
- your hands are washed after you've used the toilet
- your genitals and anal area are washed every day
- your face is washed daily
- you're fully bathed or showered at least twice a week
- your teeth are brushed twice a day.
For further information refer to NHS Choices Personal hygiene for cared-for people