Wyken Pre-School and Holiday Scheme- Rosie and Jim's Childcare
funded places2 year old
funded places3 and 4 year old
At Rosie and Jim's we pride ourselves on working in partnership with parents and providing a stimulating environment for children to develop and explore. We understand that a parent is the most important person in a child's life and like to offer children a home from home environment. Parents will have the opportunity to visit the setting, participate in their child's learning and continue their child's learning at home.
We offer flexible sessions to meet the needs of individual families.
The children will have access to a wide range of resources helping them to develop independently and with staff support.
Literacy - writing materials,pens, pencils, stencils, felts, tracing, white boards, chalk boards, pads, paper books, songs, rhymes, storytelling, puppets and computer and lots more
Mathematics - puzzles,numbers,calculators,scales,colour matching,shapes,tape measures,rulers,water play, floating and sinking,funnels,jugs,pipes and ICT
Physical - bikes, climbing equipment, scissors, writing implements, play dough, threading, soft play and ICT
Social and Emotional - stories, puppets, co-operation games, self-help skills i.e. food serving, dressing and ICT
Understanding the World - factual books, natural materials, trips, celebrations, ICT, posters, dolls and small world equipment
Expressive Arts and Design - dancing, singing, sports, painting, sticking and gluing, weaving, sewing and drawing
We have a large outdoor space available for children to access, the area is fully enclosed and comprises of a grassed and soft floor area for children to enjoy. We have created an "outdoor classroom" for children so they can experience all areas of development both indoors and outdoors.
The children will have access to a range of resources including:
Bikes,trikes,scooters,climbing frames, water play, sand,paint, books, weaving, small world, construction and role play.
Staff are trained to a high level of special educational needs and have a vast knowledge and experience of working with children with autism, speech and language, hearing and sight development.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Claire Harris
- Contact Position
- 07849 751953 07849 751953
Where to go
- Wyken Pre-School
c/o 86th Scout Group
CV2 5EUView CV2 5EU on a map
£16.00 (3 hr)
£39.00 (9am-3pm) Per day
- Full day's include Lunch Lunch session - £5.50 Hot meals - £1.50 08.00 to 09:00 session - £4.00 Accept childcare vouchers Funding for 2 year olds 15 hours Funding for 3/4 year olds 15 hours and 30 hours
- Wheelchair Access
- All childcare providers are expected under the Equality Act 2010 to make 'reasonable adjustments' to meet the needs of disabled children. The Early Years Foundation Stage also states that "Providers must have and implement a policy and procedure to promote equality of opportunity for children in their care, including support for children with special educational needs or disabilities".
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancies available for the Easter holiday 2023 holiday scheme, open to all children 8:00am-16:00pm, closed bank holidays.
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 7.30 17.00 Tuesday 7.30 17.00 Wednesday 7.30 17.00 Thursday 7.30 17.00 Friday 7.30 17.00
- Offers school pickups
Wyken Croft Primary School
Richard Lee Primary School
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection outcome
Inspection outcome Date type Outcome 18/05/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
This childcare provider has indicated that they offer or have experience caring for children with specific needs – please contact the provider direct for details
- Contact Name
- Claire Harris
- Contact Telephone