TAX CREDITS - WORK OUT YOUR CHILDCARE COSTS
Tax credits: work out your childcare costs
You can calculate your childcare costs to report to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
If you already claim tax credits and your childcare costs have changed, you might need to report the change.
Tax credits have been replaced by Universal Credit for most people. Check if you can make a new claim for tax credits.
Before you start
You must include the childcare costs you pay in total, even if you have more than one child.
Normally the more childcare costs you pay, the more Child Tax Credit you’ll get.
You should not include:
- childcare payments from your employer, in money or childcare vouchers
- childcare vouchers from your employer in return for a ‘salary sacrifice’ (a reduction in your pay)
- childcare payments or grants from a government scheme, for example to help you start work or because you’re a student
- childcare costs paid by an educational or local authority, for example free early learning or nursery education
Who to contact
- CHILDCARE COSTS FOR TAX CREDITS - GOV.UK WEBSITE
- Scan to visit this website