NYAS is a UK charity providing socio-legal services. We offer information, advice, advocacy and legal representation to children, young people and vulnerable adults through a network of dedicated paid workers and volunteers throughout England and Wales.
NYAS provides specialist legal advice and assistance. NYAS is a Legal Services Commission provider.
Through these services NYAS provides a safety net for children, young people and vulnerable adults, who have nowhere else to turn. We work within communities across the UK, with children, with young people, with adults, and with carers, local authorities and professionals such as social workers and lawyers.
We are independent and confidential as long as you are safe.
We can help if you are:
- Not being listened to
- In need of some advice
- In need of help to talk to Social Services
- Aren’t being treated fairly
- Being told you have to move
- Having difficulties about school
- Not having the contact with your family that you want
- A vulnerable adult who is disabled
- A carer
- Experiencing the separation or divorce of your parents
- Not feeling safe
If you are a child or young person, or you’re acting on behalf of a child, young person or vulnerable adult and need help, information or advice, please contact our helpline on FREEPHONE 0800 808 1001 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advocacy services
- Specialist legal services
- Independent visitors
- Independent persons
- Investigating officers
- Provision of IMHAs
- Advocacy for adult carers
- Regulation 33 visitors
- Participation and consultation
- Separated parents information programme
- Contact services
The Helpline provides a free single point of access to all NYAS services.
Our advisers are here to support children, young people, and vulnerable adults, acrossEnglandandWales, to ensure their rights are up held.
We welcome enquiries from representatives of children, young people, and vulnerable adult such as professionals, practitioners, family or friends too.
The Helpline is open 09.00 until 16:00 Monday to Friday 10:00 until 16:00 Saturdays excluding Bank Holidays. You can contact us via the:
- Freephone helpline – 0800 808 1001 – please note that some mobile networks may charge the same as a landline charge to connect to 0800 numbers.
- Chatroom – chat with one of our advisers see chat area – the real time online one-on-one chat facility is secure, and confidential.
- EMAIL – email@example.com
- In writing – write ‘FREEPOST NYAS’ on the envelope that contains your letter to us.
- Call Back
One of our advisers will respond to your enquiry and agree with you how NYAS can help you.
Our experience and knowledge gained through supporting many thousands of children, young people and vulnerable adults since 1989 will enable the Helpline adviser to respond sensitively and professionally to your enquiry and find the right NYAS service for you.
Our adviser may not always be able to answer your questions immediately and may need to call or email you at a later date with a more detailed response. Whenever this is the case, the adviser will always explain what they will need to do to find an answer to your question or problem and when you can expect them to get back in touch with you.
To make sure you are safe we regularly check our advisers against the Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) and they are all trained to assess need and risk. The Helpline is always confidential as long as the person contacting us is safe! if an adviser believes that a you or someone else may be at risk, he or she is legally required to tell report this.