Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity helps seriously ill children and young people to make the most of everyday life. We want to ensure that their families, regardless of shape or size, receive the emotional support they need too. We help in many ways including through Roald Dahl specialist nurses, family grants and research.
Our Stronger Families Programme focuses upon helping children and young people with a serious long-term health condition (excluding cancer) whose families are experiencing financial hardship. We aim to help improve their - and their families - emotional and mental well-being. Examples of our support include:
- Respite care or family days out
- Play, art or music therapy sessions
- Peer group sessions, outreach worker or counselling sessions
- Equipment or expenses so children can join in activities with their friends
- Access to social communications technology
- Expenses to attend a family support event or conference to meet other families affected by the same condition or similar experience
- Please note, we are unable to support the following:
- Debts or payment of utility bills, rent, etc.
- Trips outside the UK for medical treatment or holiday
- Educational fees
- Household appliances, fixtures and fittings
- Beds, cots, bedding, or clothing
- Travel and living expenses to and from hospital
For more information and to make an application online visit http://www.roalddahl.com/global/contact-us