Relate Coventry is an independent, not for profit, charity and is part of the Relate Federation.
Relate provides the following services to promote healthy and safe relationships:
Counselling for individuals and couple over the age of 16 years
- Single, living together, married, Civil partnerships, seperated or divorced
- Opposite and same sex relationships
- Improving relationships or constructively managing relationship breakdown, seperation and divorce
- Communication breakdown and conflict resolution
- Drifting apart or an affair
- Loss of interest in sex
- Past or future relationships
- Differences in parenting styles
This service deals with the impact of sexual dysfunction in adult relationships.It is open to individuals and couples.
- Loss of desire
- Loss of erection
- Premature ejaculation
- Pain during intercourse
Family Counselling for the whole family or family members to resolve their difficulties together.
- Parents and children (young and adult)
- Extended and step families
- Improving relationships e.g. parent-child
- Communication breakdown
- Resolving arguments and conflict
- Rules, boundaries and difficult behaviours
Young People's Counselling
The Time for You service supports young people aged from 5 to 25 years of age with a range of isssues, including:
- Divorce, separation and step family issues
- Family conflict and domestic abuse
- Bereavement and Loss
- Bulllying and friendships
- Emotional and mental well -being
- Self -esteem and confidence issues
When couples decide to seperate it is often a very emotional and difficult time for children and young people. We can offer support to help parents support children through this change:
- Focus on the children
- Gives information on coping with the impact of separation on your children
- Explores and agrees helpful ways to communicate and behave
Relationship Education and Training
We offer a range of variety of courses and workshops for both agencies and clients.These include:
- Basic Counselling Skills
- Life Skills
- Assertiveness and Confidence Building
- "Riding the Storm" - living with teenagers
- "Power of One" - coping with being a single parent
- Creative Interventions when working therapeutically with young people
Please visit our website or telephone for further information about our Education and Training programmes.
Placements and Volunteering for Relate
There are opportunities to become a Volunteer Receptionist. We are also able to offer positions as a Placement or Volunteer Counsellor.
Clinical Supervision and Consultancy Service
Relate provides support and clinical supervision for other professionals and organisations.
Relate has limited funds available and we continually fundraise to provide services for residents of Coventry. Our payment policy will be explained to you when you contact our centre.
Accessing our services
All of our services are inclusive and we work with all people regardless of their background, culture, sexual orientation, ability or income.