Skip to main content

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) and Community Support Grants (CSG)

Do you need more help with housing costs?

Are you claiming Housing Benefit and have a shortfall in your rent?

You may be eligible for a Discretionary Housing Payment. To support your application you will be required to complete an income and expenditure form and we will require 8 weeks up to date bank statements of all acounts showing all transactions.

Do you need help to move to an affordable accomodation or are you struggling to get the bond money?

If you are receiving Housing Benefit and moving into a property where you can afford to pay the rent but do not have the money to pay the bond/rent in advance then we may be able to help.

An application can be obtained from our website or call 024 7683 2727 or e-mail with any queries or questions

Do you have no food?

Sturggling with gas and electricity on prepayment meter?

You may be eligible for a crisis grant if you have no on else to help you and if you are a resident of Coventry. We can also help, if you are faced wiht an unavoidable crisis which has created a serious risk to you and/or your family's health and safety.

Also help available if you are suffering Domestic violence or additional bedrooms required.  If its by personal choice you wish to move no financial help is available. 

All applications for Community Support Grants (CSG) can only be made online at If you have any questions or queries contact the CSG team on 024 7683 3773 or e-mail

Who to contact

DHP phone number-024 7683 2727
CSG phone number-024 7683 3773

Time / Date Details

Session Information
Phone Lines open Monday
Wednesday and Thursday:09:00-16:30/Tuesday:10:00-16:30/Friday:09:00-16:00

Other Details


Back to top