Skip to main content

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a new benefit that has started to replace 6 existing benefits with a simpler, single monthly payment if you’re out of work or on a low income. Universal Credit will help you to be better off in work, start a new job or work more hours.

Universal Credit will eventually replace:

  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit


Who to contact

Contact Name
Universal Credit helpline
0800 328 5644 (If you cannot hear or speak on the phone ring 18001 followed by 0800 328 5644
You are advised to check with your telephone provder for call costs to this number
GovUk website

Time / Date Details

Session Information
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Back to top