The Nurturing programme provides structured 10 week courses for parents and carers. Please note the group programmes do not run during school holidays except for Family Links Antenatal courses.
It builds positive relationships based on four key ideas (constructs) arising out of research undertaken in the late 1970's by Dr Stephen J Bavolek, a pioneer in the development of family education in the United States.
The Four Constructs
- Self-awareness and self-esteem
- Appropriate expectations
- Positive discipline
Examples of topics covered in the parent's groups:
- The nurturing programmes four constructs - building blocks for emotional health
- The question of discipline - positive approaches for positive behaviour
- Giving praise
- Self esteem and personal power
- Choices and consequences
- How we communicate
- Time Out .... Time to calm down
- Problem solving and negotiating
If you would like to attend one of these programmes the referral form can be found at www.coventry.gov.uk/positiveparenting or click on the link below. For more information see the downloads on the right of this page.