Journeys is a service that aims to improve the mental health and emotional wellbeing of looked after children and young people living in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Journeys is delivered in partnership by local charities Mind and Relate and is funded by Coventry City Council and Warwickshire County Council.
We provide services directly to :
- children and young people aged over 5 years
- foster carers
- professionals working with looked after children
For young people - we try to build our support around what you need, but the type of support we can provide includes :
- a safe space to share your thoughts and feelings
- help you to understand how you feel
- practical support to better manage your emotions or behaviours
- help you to identify what you want and need to improve your emotional health
- someone to help you have your voice heard
We can offer this support in different ways - this can include :
Creative play and activities,counselling,a dedicated youth worker,drop-ins,small group work, telephone/text/e-mail support, mentors etc
For carers - advice and support about behaviour,attachment and mental health and well being.
Therapeutic Counselling ( includes family counselling)
Training around mental health,wellbeing and attachment.
For professionals - advice and support about behaviour,attachment and mental health and well being.
Training around mental health,wellbeing and attachment
Emotional Needs screening