Are you worried about the way someone has acted when working with children ?
Where they have
- behaved in a way that has harmed a child
- possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child.
- behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates that he or she would pose a risk of harm if they work regularly or closely with children.
What is the Local Authority designated Officer (LADO)
The LADO works on behalf of Coventry City Council and the Coventry Safeguarding Children Board, to address, advice and manage allegations and concerns against staff, carers, volunteers by addressing matters of safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
The LADO is involved from the initial phase of the allegation through to the conclusion of the case and will:
- Be involved in the management and oversight of individual cases.
- Provide advice and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations.
- Liaise with police and other agencies
- Monitor the progress of cases to ensure that they are dealt with quickly and fairly.
You have a responsibility to report the allegation or concern to the Local Authority Designated Officer.
If you believe that there is an immediate risk of harm to a child or young person you should contact the police