All the information on becoming a registered childminder in Coventry is now available on the City Council website using the link below.
These are the steps to become a Childminder if you live in the Coventry area and would like the support of the Local Authority to become registered. By definition, if you pay your council tax to Coventry City Council you qualify for direct support.
- Applicant downloads and reads through the Oftsed presentation on becoming a registered Childminder.
- Applicant to read through the facts to consider pages.
- Applicant to read the Early Years and Childcare Registration Handbook
- Applicant to complete and submit an online Initial Enquiry Form.
- Childcare Quality Regulations Advisors (CQRA) based in Children's Centres receive completed Initial Enquiry Forms.
- Applicant invited to the next available meet and greet session in the cluster (Contact 1).
- Applicant invited to complete an online Home Safety Questionaire.
- Meet and greet (Contact 1) takes place at Children's Centre and initial information is given.
- Home Safety Questionaire is followed up at the prospective address by a designated CQRA (Contact 2).
- All mandatory training is completed and certificate is issued. Information on relevant training.
- Contact 3 takes place at proposed Childminding address or Children's Centre, as agreed, to review progress.
- Applicant completes and submits Ofsted application.
- Registration visit arranged by Ofsted.
- Ofsted registration approved or declined.
- Childminder contacts CQRA to arrange a visit (Contact 4).
- Family Information Service (FIS) is notified by Ofsted of new registration and will make contact with you via e-mail.
Complete and submit an online Initial enquiry form
Complete and Submit a Home safety questinaire.