The service is a residential service for single men and women aged 16 and over who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The accommodation is provided for people with support needs who are willing to try and address these, e.g. people who have issues with drugs, alcohol, or mental health would be expected to have a willingness to engage with the appropriate agencies in order to address these support needs as part of the support planning process. The selection process identifies whether these needs can be met by this service.
The accommodation is usually provided in small domestic shared houses and are located across Coventry. Each shared house is fully furnished to a high standard and has a shared lounge with TV; a modern shared kitchen with all appliances, crockery and cooking utensils; a shared bathroom with shower and/or a separate shower room; laundry, washing, drying and ironing facilities and fully furnished secure bedrooms. All houses are regularly serviced by maintenance and domestic workers.
The self-contained accommodation in this service is fully furnished to a high standard.
All residents have access to a 24 hour, 7 days a week emergency out of hours service.
Support offered by our Coventry Supported Accommodation Service:
- Maintaining accommodation
- Develop independent living skills to prepare for moving on
- Acquire and maintain more permanent accommodation
- Claiming benefits and maximising income
- Form filling
- Budgeting & money management
- Develop life and social skills
- Addressing health needs
- Addressing support needs
- Accessing education, training, employment and volunteering opportunities
- Meet cultural and religious needs
- Access leisure activities and community involvement
- Re-establishing positive relationships with family and friends
- Support to access other agencies, e.g. drug or alcohol services, mental health services etc
Referrals can be accepted from the following:
We accept self referrals, referrals from family or friends, or from any statutory or voluntary agency, e.g. Coventry City Council's Housing Options Team, Mental Health Services, Probation, Social Care etc.
Don't provide emergency accommodation. People can attend a drop in service, talk to someone in house from the housing team for advice. They only accept single people with no pets or children. UK residents only, UK citizens, Leave to remain in the country