Woodside Pre School
funded places2 year old
funded places3 and 4 year old
funded placesTax free
Our Preschool and Forest school offer opportunities for every child to learn in a relaxed, fun, and nurturing environment. We adapt that environment to ensure that we meet the interests and needs of each individual child. Our dedicated, and long-standing staff are all highly qualified with the manager holding Early Years Teacher Status.
We have a large hall which is divided into different areas of learning, and an outdoor classroom to extend the children`s learning to the outside. We also incorporate trips to our safe and secure Forest School (just a few minutes’ walk away) into our outdoor learning programme where the children enjoy activities such as den building, bear hunt, climbing, team building and mini beast hunts.
We have an additional hall where our younger 2-year-olds have their sessions in a calm and age-appropriate environment. Our younger children will be automatically offered a place in our preschool when the time comes.
Throughout the year we provide lots of exciting opportunities in addition to our standard curriculum such as pirate day, superheroes week, pets week, “Bring your Wheels to Woodside day”, number day, literacy days, comic relief, nature walks, environment walk, sports day and picnics. We are currently setting up a programme of intergenerational care at our local residential home.
Children thrive in our environment and we work hard with local schools to ensure that the children are school ready and that they have a smooth and enjoyable transition into school.
Children bring a packed lunch to Woodside. The remainder of the time we provide healthy snacks, and milk or water to drink.
Visits to our setting are actively encouraged so you can see our setting at its best
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Rachael Groves
- 0794 6633657 0794 6633657
Where to go
Woodside Methodist Church Hall
Woodside Avenue South, Green Lane
CV3 6BEView CV3 6BE on a map
- Afternoon Session - £13.00 Breakfast club - £5.50 Lunch club (12-1pm) - £5.50 Before/After School Club (until 4pm Mon-Thurs) - £5.50 Accept childcare vouchers
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years to 4 years 11 months
- Has wheelchair access
- Wheelchair Access
- All childcare providers are expected under the Equality Act 2010 to make 'reasonable adjustments' to meet the needs of disabled children. The Early Years Foundation Stage also states that "Providers must have and implement a policy and procedure to promote equality of opportunity for children in their care, including support for children with special educational needs or disabilities".
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancies available - Over 2's for September 2023
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08.15 16.00 Tuesday 08.15 16.00 Wednesday 08.15 16.00 Thursday 08.15 16.00 Friday 08.15 15.00
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection outcome
Inspection outcome Date type Outcome 17/05/2022 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
This childcare provider has indicated that they offer or have experience caring for children with specific needs – please contact the provider direct for details