Take a Break Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull
Take-a-Break provides community based short breaks for children and young adults who have a disability or life threatening illness, and adults with a learning disability. This support enables people to live their lives to their full potential, gain skills and move towards independence with confidence.
Take-a-Break has been in operation since1996, initially providing a range of services to children and young people with disabilities or life threatening illnesses. In 2002 the service was extended to provide support for adults aged eighteen to sixty five years. The service has continued to grow and now operates across Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull and Leicestershire.
Take-a-Break will tailor the service to meet your needs. This will be clearly set out in your Service Agreement and Take-a-Break Plan.
What is the Service about?
• Support is provided for people living with family/carers or living independently
• We support people to access community facilities of their choice
• We support people in their own homes
• Group support and activities are available for all age groups
• Specialist services for people with complex health needs or challenging behaviour.
• Voluntary work / work placements
When can Support be provided?
• 7 days a week
• Daytime, Evening or Weekend
• Support is usually a minimum of 2 hours
• All support is flexible by negotiation
Overnight support may be provided in exceptional circumstances
Children and Young People
What Support is provided Children’s Services?
• Saturday Clubs – term time only
• Play-schemes in school holidays
• After education Activities
• Activity/Residential Weekends
• Individual Support is available for children and young people to access leisure and community facilities of their choice on a weekly basis
• Sessions are usually between 2 - 4 hours long, many children regularly enjoy activities such as swimming, and bowling
What Support is provided by Adult Services?
• Support to develop new skills and increase independence
• Assistance with life skills and leisure opportunities
• Access to community and educational facilities
• Build networks with family and friends
• Maintain a quality of life at home
• Offer short breaks to carers/families
• Support workers are matched to client needs
Who to contact
- 02476644909 02476644909 Emergency On Call - 07774914061 Emergency On Call - 07774914061
- Take a Break Warwickshire Facebook
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Phoenix House
343 Bedworth Road
CV6 6BNView CV6 6BN on a map
- Age Ranges
Children and young people aged from birth to eighteen
Adults aged 18 - 65 years with an ongoing identified support need
- Referral required
- Referral Details
A member of the Take-a-Break Management team will arrange a home visit. This may be a joint visit with a Social Worker, or Community Nurse if appropriate. The purpose of the visit is to discuss and agree the support package arrangements i.e. dates and times of sessions and assessments, and complete paperwork.