The Child is at the Heart of our Service
We are an independent provider facilitating supervised contact in a range of areas. We also work with many local authorities to deliver this service and have experience in supporting families through this process.
The welfare and interests of children are our paramount concern. By providing a professional supervised contact service we can help support through a difficult time in their lives.
Our aim is to enable children to keep in touch with their parents and families in a safe, friendly, and informal atmosphere.
We believe that every child has the right to love and support of parents and families, wherever possible.
We employ an experienced, multicultural workforce including qualified social workers. We coordinate our workers to meet the needs of the children and their families and are able to match workers to meet language, race, cultural, behavioral and disability needs.
We believe in partnership working by providing an open and honest service. We are proud of our track record in building solid working relationships with parents, families, foster carer’s and professionals.
We strive to make contact a positive and happy experience for children and families.
- Supervised Contact – Supervised contact ensures the physical safety and emotional well-being of a child when risks have been identified. It also assists in building and sustaining positive relationships between a child and members of their family. It takes place at one of our centres, another venue, or in the community. One or two members of staff who know the family’s circumstances observe at all times and provide reports of the contact sessions afterwards.
- Supported Contact – Supported contact aims to provide a safe, neutral and comfortable place for children to see their parents or family. It takes place in our centre in a private room. Families have access to the communal areas and kitchen areas to prepare meals or snacks. Staff are available for assistance but there is no close observation, monitoring or evaluation of individual contacts or conversations.
- Room Only Hire – Our rooms are available for booking. These can be for professional meetings with children, young people or whole families. We can also host mediation and social work conferences.
- Handover – We supervise the handover of children from one parent or carer to another. This is done at our centre. It is normally used when one of the parties feels at risk or uncomfortable about seeing each other. We can also provide a full handover service, collecting and transporting a child door-to-door.
- Asylum Support – We provide appropriate personnel to attend meetings and interviews, most recently providing a service in Bedford working with unaccompanied minors.
- Transportation – For all our services, whether at our centre or at other venues, we provide a transport service for children and young people.
- Community Contact - We can arrange for contact within community settings, away from our centres but supervised by one of our team.