NCT Parents in Mind - Start for Life support services
NCT Parents in Mind (Coventry and Warwickshire) offers mental health peer support to women/birthing people who are experiencing mild-moderate mental health difficulties during the perinatal period, including those who are feeling isolated or lonely. The service exists for individuals during pregnancy and up until 2 years postnatally. Support is delivered by volunteers, with lived experience of wellbeing difficulties themselves, who access accredited training in order to deliver 1:1 and group support. All of the support offered is FREE to access.
The service centres on:
- Reducing stigma around mental health concerns;
- Validating parenting struggles;
- Normalising difficulties with wellbeing as a new parent;
- Holding space to process the transition to parenthood;
- Reducing isolation and offering an informative signposting service;
- Support can be delivered face-to-face or online, 1:1 or in a group.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Bella Bastable
- Contact Position
- Local Project Manager
- 07885 975261 07885 975261
- NCT website
- Scan to visit this website
- Referral required
- Referral Details
The service is referral-based: referrals can come from a professional or individuals can self-refer.
Due to the confidential nature of the service and the fact it is referral-based, we do not widely share the specific times and venues of peer support sessions (these details are shared with individuals after referral into the service). Sessions run on a regular basis throughout the year and individuals are welcome to access both in-person and remote support concurrently if wanted.