The Family Information Service offers free help and advice on all aspects of family life to parents, carers, young people and anyone working with families in Warwickshire.
- What do we do
- Leaflets and factsheets
- Further help – Accessing FIS information
- Information in other languages
- Contact details for other local Family Information Services
What do we do?
We give free information and advice to parents and carers on a wide-range of issues affecting every day family life including:
- Choosing childcare– Everything you need to know about choosing childcare in Warwickshire.
- Help with money and debt – Including benefits you may be entitled to, financial help when bringing up children, help with childcare costs and much, much more.
- Parenting support – Support, information and advice for mums, dads, lone parents, new parents and parents to be and how you can develop your parenting skills.
- Employment rights for working parents – Including information on maternity and paternity rights and pay, adoption leave and flexible working.
- Disability support – Including financial support and details of local and national support services for families living with disability.
- Dealing with bullying – What is bullying and where you can get help if your child is being bullied.
- Warwickshire Directory of Services for the community - Find out about local organisations, groups and agencies that can provide activities, advice, services and support to you.
- Legal advice and support for families – Advice and guidance on legal issues that can affect family life and the support services that can help you.
- Counselling and bereavement services – Counselling services can provide families with support to help them come to terms with what is going on in their life.
- Support for young people - Looking for somewhere to go, something to do, or someone to listen?